Zeno Rocha - Habits of Highly Productive Developers
David and Zeno Rocha discuss developer habits and how to improve and grow.
- What Zeno looks for when interviewing developers
- Choosing which technologies to learn
- Can anyone learn to be an awesome coder?
- Learning new languages and frameworks using side projects
- Feedback loops and learning
- Difference between junior and senior developers
- “How are you going to behave during that job interview? How are you going to behave when you get that job? Those soft skills are something that people don't talk about very often.” -- ZR
- "We don't know everything. There are many things that you don't know and that I don't know. And that's ok! We got to where we are right now, and that's fine. There's this misconception that 'I'm only going to be a senior developer once I know everything.' This is just not possible." --ZR
- "I have many examples in my life where I started to experiment with a tool outside work, and then I was able to bring that tool inside my 9-5 and help things there." --ZR
- "What if you asked 'How do you obtain users? What is your total addressable market?' Trying to understand how the business works. That puts you in a total different position." --ZR
- "If you still don't have five years of experience and all that technical knowledge, that's ok. You can be a junior with the behavior of a senior." --ZR